“The creation of something new is not accomplished by the intellect but by the play instinct acting from inner necessity. The creative mind plays with the objects it loves.”
– C.G. Jung

Friday, June 17, 2011

Farmer's Markets

I am infatuated with outdoor markets.  No matter where we are in the world I must visit in season produce like others visit landmarks.  Hilo, Paris, New York, Madison, Honolulu - hold no attraction more interesting to me than an outdoor market.

My husband and I live a few blocks away from the market in our town, and every Saturday from May through October we shop for our produce, meat and cheese there.  When we get home I usually spend the afternoon snapping photos for future drawings.


Below are two sketches hat I did based on findings at a fall market.

Pears
Figs

No comments:

Post a Comment